Friday, April 18, 2008

Mountain Lions and Earthquakes in Chicago? What next??

Rubble lies in the street Friday in Louisville, Kentucky, after part of a cornice fell off a building. (Taken from the CNN website, see below link)


First a mountain lion appears in Roscoe Village earlier this week and now an earthquake has struck Southern Illinois. This morning around 4:30am a 5.2 magnitude earthquake shook Southern Illinois with enough strength to make the buildings in Chicago sway.Granted Illinois happens to sit on top of a rather major fault line in the continent, but still, it's not like this is California or something.

I think the world has gone a little off kilter this week. Maybe it's the full moon that's about to strike, I don't know. But I have to admit, once again I'm really starting to wonder if I just shouldn't stay in Europe, I think it might be safer. . . .

No comments: