Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A toast to Toast!


Vanessa, Andrea and I

This past weekend I headed down to Lausanne, my home away from home in Europe, to spend a weekend celebrating with my lovely Andrea before she heads back home to the States in August to become a brand new entrepreneur!

In keeping with the spirit of Andrea's new Wine Bar venture that she will be starting when she moves to Florida, it was an amazing weekend full of fantastic company and incredible Italian wines. The wines were provided courtesy of wine lover extraordinaire Stuart Prichard who also regaled us with details on the wine which came from his personal collection (Stuart, I'm sorry to say it, but I think we stopped listening to your explanations by the third bottle we tasted). Superb eggplant napoleon's followed the wine tasting served up with panache by Ilham in practice for her newest venture (for those getting married in Europe I highly recommend you check her out at: TheWeddingArchitect and yes I know this is a shameless plug for my friend, but she really is pretty fantastic at this).

After drinking and eating and talking for well over 5 hours, the dancing began at the house and it was pretty much madness after that. . . . yet another unforgettable weekend at Chez Fleitas! In the company of new friends (for me) and old friends, it was a bittersweet conclusion to Andrea's seven years in Lausanne, and I have to say that even though I'm incredibly sad that she's leaving now that I've finally arrived in Europe, I am so excited for her new adventure as an entrepreneur and owner of a fabulous new wine bar in Florida! I can't wait to be there for the opening!

No comments: