Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, here I am. It's a cold grey day here in Frankfurt, and rain has been chilling the city all day long. But somehow, even though I'm not with my family, I'm grateful. Grateful for fact that I got to spend a few hours with my family and friends last weekend, grateful for the people I've had the pleasure of meeting these last nine months in Germany, grateful for the opportunities I've had in this strange and wonderful experience that is my life.

I hope all of you out there have many things to be thankful for this year. And in the spirit of that, I thought I would share this lecture I came across online. It was given in September by a Computer Science professor named Randy Pausch. He is dying of liver cancer and has been given only 3 to 6 months of good health. If for some reason you haven't heard his name yet, you should have, he's been written up everywhere including The Wall Street Journal and Business Week, and even invited onto Oprah. This is his 'Last Lecture' and it is a really wonderful, inspiring and often humorous reminder of all the things we have to work for and be grateful for in our lives.

So, Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends and everyone who happens to be a little further from home than they might like on this holiday!

No comments: