Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mediterranean Tour 2007: Infected Mushroom and Haifa


So on my last night in Tel Aviv, we went out to the student night in Haifa. As we drove into town we drove up the main street and there was this incredible path of lights leading up the hill to a beautiful building. Turns out this was a Ba'hai temple. Just like the one that is outside of Chicago in Winnetka. It was so beautiful, I tried to take a picture but unfortunately I couldn't quite keep the camera still enough to get a good exposure.

So student night was unreal, it is a huge music festival held one night in the summer for all of the students who've just finished up with classes. My client was a sponsor so we were able to go in and check things out. The major band that night was an Israeli trance group called Infected Mushroom. They were absolutely amazing. And the crowd was unreal. So much fun to watch.

After a few bars that we checked out for work purposes (yes I know it's hard to believe, but really it was work, my client sponsors bars so we have to go and check them out to see how things look), I was raced, and I do mean raced, to the airport by a fantastic client, Yuval. Thanks to his incredible driving I stumbled into the airport at about 3am, stood in security was asked if I had packed any bombs (interesting to think someone might actually admit to this), and found my way to gate in time to make my way onto my 5am flight back to Frankfurt. All I can say is that it was a rough day in the office, but incredibly worthwhile.

No comments: