Monday, February 4, 2008

Lost in Austria: Dead animals and Christmas ornaments

OK, we have been in St. Anton now for a few days. It is lovely and so is our little hotel. Perfectly positioned just 15-20 meters from the ski lift. However, in our little hotel there is a strange preponderance of taxidermy critters. And they're really kind of
frightening. . . . Every time we come up the stairs I am greeted by this dog/fox like thing on the bench. Startling every time at night after a glass or two of wine.


Anyway, after my first day of skiing in blowing snow, I realized that my snowpants are no longer quite so snow resistant, so I have purchased a new pair on sale. Bright red. Combined with my green jacket I just realized that I resemble a Christmas ornament. Highly entertaining.

No comments: