Sunday, March 2, 2008

Lost in America: Gorgeous Philly Gelato


Okay, I admit I'm a sucker for any kind of ice cream. Even in the deepest depths of winter you can usually get me to get at least a scoop. So when I arrived in Philly to hang out with my brother and Denis mentioned that there was supposed to be this amazing gelato store in the city, you know I was completely game.

So after dinner off we went to Capogiro Karl, Jack, Denis, Lisa, Marc, Blair and myself. In the years since college, Denis has somehow turned into a bit of a gelato fanatic. And he wasn't wrong about this place, it was as good as some of the gelaterias I've been to in Italy.

On Saturday night I had this amazing Burnt Sugar Gelato, an scoop of deep, black Chocolate with a little Italian Blood Orange gelato to finish off the trio. Let me tell you. It was worth every calorie.

In fact it was so incredible, we went back the very next day to have a second round. Delicious! Not so good for my upcoming surf trip though. . . .

No comments: