Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Summer of Rain


When the summer started, Andrea predicted that it would be a cold and rainy summer. Little did I know at the time how right she would be. It has been an unbelievably cold and rainy summer in Frankfurt.

Everyone I meet claims that this is not normal, well everyone who is actually German that is. All the expats I know who have been living here for a while say that this is normally what the summer is like . . . although even they will admit that it has rained a bit more than usual. They claim that the Germans forget how cold and rainy summer is just like in Chicago we all forget how miserably cold the winter is during summer.

I think they may be right.

Truly not a single day (almost) goes by with out at least one rain shower. And the temperature! Don't get me going. One day it over 90 degrees and the next it barely reaches 60 degrees. Lately it's smells like Fall when I leave the house in the morning for work. Not really summer I have to say.

Oh well, maybe it means we'll have a good winter for skiing if there's this much precipitation. . . that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

No comments: