Saturday, January 5, 2008

Home again

After almost 10 hours of travel I have finally arrived home again. Famara and surf school seem ages away. If I didn't have a few bruises and some sand still stuck in my hair (despite numerous attempts to wash all of it out), I might believe it hadn't actually happened.

I'm so glad that it did though. I'm already sifting through websites hunting for my new surf board (yes, Dad, this does mean I am buying one). It looks like I'll be picking up a Donald Takayama Egg when I have the chance, although I think I might get it in blue. Tim's recommendation of course.

The board description goes something like this on the Surftech website:
" If you're not quite ready to "rip and shred" on a short board, nor are you apt to "cruise" on a long board, then the Hawaiian Pro Designs Egg is the perfect solution. This model is an "eggy" looking shape that allows the rider to trim high on the wave in the middle of the board or race down the line on the tail, whichever the rider prefers. This board is also a perfect beginners board because of the overall forgiving shape that allows for a variety of mistakes without loss of speed or maneuverability. For a beginner or advanced rider, this board is an extremely fun alternative on any day."

I wonder if I'll be able to tone down my babblings on surf school after a week. I can't seem to stop mulling the last two weeks over in my head. . . well, we shall see. I have quite a few surf trips to plan in the coming months.

1 comment:

Dave Witt said...

Elena,
Interesting entry. Never been surfing, I'm too busy working...Incidentally, you are completely correct about American working too much. I would take a 10% pay cut for 10% of my time off in a heart beat. I think too much work masks the fact that we don't really know what we want to do with our lives, or our society...pretty deep, sorry about that. Anyway, I'll keep reading, I am extremely jealous that you get to live in Frankfurt.