Saturday, January 12, 2008

Lost in the UK: London Weather and Regents Park

After arriving home from Lanzarote last weekend, then heading off to Switzerland, I've taken a last minute trip to London to visit friends, new and old. And truth be told I'm pretty happy to be here.

It is a gorgeous weekend in London. Now I know the words “gorgeous weather” and “London” don’t necessarily lend themselves to being used in the same sentence, but I seem to be lucky when it comes to London, because the last few times I’ve been here I’ve had pretty damn good weather. Even during Christmas a few years ago, the weather was really pretty lovely.

Today has been incredibly beautiful. Bright blue skies and crisp sunlight. I think I've seen more sunshine today than I’ve seen in Frankfurt in the last few months. I’ll take it. I've spent most of the day wandering through Regents Park. I feel like I'm following in my brother's footsteps a little bit because I know he used to come here and play soccer when he was doing his semester abroad in London. And it is definitely gorgeous, there are so many people out walking around, playing soccer or rugby. By the way, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a rugby pitch in a public park. But I guess that's because rugby just hasn't quite caught on in America.

Anyhow, I'm crashing with a couple of guys I met at surf school, Aari and his brother Tate. You might remember Aari from some of my New Year's Eve exploits. Nice Aussie guy who was kind enough to put me up this weekend. Anyway, had to share this picture of their "bike storage." I'm guessing the tub doesn't get much more use than what you see here. But better than having your bike stolen I guess.

Well, all said, a gorgeous day, a good night ahead and dim sum with Annie and Saadia on Sunday. Can't believe how long it's been since I've seen those girls.

No comments: