Friday, January 18, 2008

Lost in Scandenavia: Helsinki, Finland



So I've arrived for my Helsinki adventure with Doug and Briana. It is January, we are officially bordering Russia and there is NO SNOW!!

Can you believe it? Rain, rain, rain and no snow and no sun. What kind of nordic country is this? I guess the effects of global warming are a bit more noticeable up here. Anywho, it is a gorgeous citiy. Beautiful architecture and some very cool stores to check out.

Everything here is on "Ale" this week too. We're guessing that means sale since all the prices are marked in red. . . .

We've spent most of the day walking around, although Briana and Doug decided to head back a little while before me because they got kind of tired of walking around in the rain. I was bound and determined to see a bit more of the city though because it is quite pretty despite the rain. I managed to get unbearably lost on my way back though. It took me three maps and three times asking directions to figure out where I was in the city at night I managed to make it back to our lovely Hotel Glo though in the end.

Briana is now off to the hospital with strep throat and I'm passed out in my little room watching BBC. Joy.

Not a bad first day for me in Helsinki, land of vodka and reindeer. . . .

No comments: